Arts Decoder (“us”, “we”, or “our”) operates the website, www.artsdecoderorlando.com. Arts Decoder is the data controller and is responsible for the Personal Data (as defined below).
This page informs you of our policies regarding the collection, use, and disclosure of personal data when you use this website, when you communicate with us and the choices you have associated with that data.
INFORMATION COLLECTION AND USE
We collect different types of personal information for various purposes to provide and improve this website to you.
Where we need to collect Personal Data by law, or under the terms of a contract we have with you, and you fail to provide that data when requested, we may not be able to provide this website or perform the contract we have or are trying to enter into with you.
TYPES OF DATA COLLECTED
While using this website, you may choose to share information with us when you interact with this website or become a customer of ours. We collect certain personal identifiable information that can be used (either alone or in combination with other information) to contact or identify you (“Personal Data”). We collect and use your Personal Data for the purposes set out below. The Personal Data we collect includes:
- First name and last name
- Email address
- Phone number
- Company email address
- Job title
- Messages you send us (which are associated with your contact information)
- If you email us at one of the email addresses posted on this website or if you contact us through the Contact Us form on this website, we may collect and retain personal information contained within your email communications to us.
- Your contact and marketing preferences
- If you make a purchase from Arts Decoder, we collect billing information, but never credit card numbers. Credit card numbers are securely handled through our credit card merchant during any payment processing periods.
- Cookies Data
There may be some circumstances where we collect personal information from you in-person. For example, if we meet you at a conference, vendor exhibition, or similar events. We may collect your contact information to follow up with you about our services.
When you post information by commenting publicly on a post on this website, the information you post and your username are publicly accessible. This information can be viewed online and collected by other people. We are not responsible for the way these other people use this information. When contributing to a discussion, we strongly recommend you avoid sharing any personal details, and especially information that can be used to identify you directly such as your name, age, address and name of employer. We are not responsible for the privacy of any identifiable information that you post in our online community or other public pages of this website.
We may also collect information about how you use and access this website (for example, the duration of a page visit and your browsing journey, including where you entered this website from and where you go to exit) (“Usage Data”). This Usage Data includes information such as your device’s Internet Protocol address (i.e. IP address), web browser type, web browser version, the pages of this website that you visit, the time and date of your visit, the time spent on those pages, unique device identifiers and other diagnostic data.
We may use and store information about your location if you give us permission to do so (“Location Data”) by setting your device to allow for location tracking/data or by opting into the web browser prompt that asks for location tracking. We use this data to provide features of this website, to improve and customize this website, such as:
- Content that is around your specific location
- Business location/listings around your location
You can enable or disable your location when you use this website at any time, through your device or web browser settings.
This is non-precise information related to your general location derived from your device’s IP address. This does not reveal your precise location (i.e. your GPS latitude and longitude).
Tracking Cookies Data
DATA WE COLLECT AUTOMATICALLY
Unless you have opted-out or have otherwise refused to provide consent, the following is data that we collect automatically:
This is technical information about the browser you are using that is captured in order to properly format this website for your web browser.
This is technical information about the device you use to access this website such as your device’s IP address and operating system. If you are using a mobile device, your device type, and mobile device’s unique advertising identifier (such as the Apple IDFA or Android Advertising ID) and any other unique identifier that may be assigned to the mobile device.
This is non-precise information related to your general location derived from your device’s IP address. This does not reveal your precise location (i.e. your GPS latitude and longitude).
Website Activity Data
This is data about your browsing activity on this website. For example, which pages you visited and when, how much time was spent on a page, and what items were clicked on a page.
USE OF DATA
Arts Decoder uses the data it collects for various purposes:
- To provide and maintain this website and the services you sign up for;
- To notify you about changes to this website;
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of this website when you choose to do so;
- To provide customer support, including to respond to your queries and resolving complaints;
- To use data analytics to improve this website, products, services, marketing, customer relationships and experiences – see “Analytics” below;
- To monitor the usage of this website – see “Analytics” below;
- To administer and protect our business (including for accounting and records, troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, system maintenance, support, reporting and hosting of data) and this website;
- To ensure the safety and security of our team members, and visitors to this website;
- To prevent, detect, and investigate fraud, cyber incidents, or illegal activity;
- To sell advertising space on this website;
- To conduct marketing and promotions to provide you with news, special offers and general information about other goods, services and events which we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about unless you have opted not to receive such information – see “Marketing” below;
- Engage in content-based or interest-based advertising;
- To comply with applicable laws and regulations.
DATA AGGREGATION AND DATA DE-IDENTIFICATION
We sometimes collect personal information from third parties who help us with our business needs. This may include the following:
We or third parties we permit may aggregate and de-identify data it collects so that it can either no longer be directly associated with you or cannot be associated with a natural person at all. We may then use such data for business purposes including interest-based advertising. We may share aggregated and de-identified data with our affiliates and third parties, including with our advertising partners.
You can opt-out of having your data sent to Google Analytics by installing the Google Analytics Opt-Out Browser Add-On: tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout*
In relation to marketing communications, we may provide you with an “opt in” or “opt-out” mechanism depending on where in the world you are located. An “opt-in” mechanism will provide you the opportunity to positively indicate that you would like or do not object to our sending you such communications and we will not send you any unless you have “opted-in”. An “opt-out” mechanism will provide you the opportunity to indicate that you do not want us to send you such communications, and if you “opt-out” we will not send you any.
If you sign-up for our email newsletter, your email address will be given over to and stored with the third-party service, MailChimp. You may review their policies on how they handle your information at mailchimp.com/legal*.
YOUR CHOICES IN OPTING-OUT OF INTEREST-BASED ADVERTISING
If you want to limit the data that we or others collect about you through this website and want us to not target ads that are based on your interests to your browsers or devices, you may opt-out from tracking and tailored advertising at any time through one of the ways described below. With tailored advertising, you receive ads and offers that are more likely to be useful to you. If you opt-out, you will still see ads, but those ads are less likely to have anything to do with products or services you care about. Please note, if you use multiple browsers or devices you must opt-out from each browser and device individually.
- Using Advertising Industry Tools: You can opt-out of interest-based targeting provided by participating ad servers through the following:
- Network Advertising Initiative: optout.networkadvertising.org/?c=1#!%2F*
- Digital Advertising Alliance: optout.aboutads.info/?c=2*
- Digital Advertising Alliance of Canada: youradchoices.ca/en/tools*
- European Interactive Digital Advertising Alliance: youronlinechoices.eu*
- LinkedIn allows users and non-users to opt-out of targeted advertising by visiting: linkedin.com/psettings/guest-controls/retargeting-opt-out?trk=microsites-frontend_legal_cookie-policy*
- Google allows users to turn ad personalization off, meaning, Google allows users to opt-out of ad personalization by visiting: adssettings.google.com/u/0/authenticated*
- Mobile Device Opt-Out: To opt-out of receiving interest-based ads that are based on your behavior across different mobile applications, please follow instructions for iOS and Android devices. For iOS 7 or Higher: Go to your Settings > Select Privacy > Select Advertising > Enable the “Limit Ad Tracking” setting. For Android devices with OS 2.2 or higher and Google Play Services version 4.0 or higher: Open your Google Settings app > Select Ads > Enable “Opt-out of interest-based advertising”.
RETENTION OF DATA
Arts Decoder also retains Usage Data for internal analysis and statistical purposes. Usage Data is generally retained for a shorter period of time than other Personal Data, except when such data is used to strengthen the security of this website or to improve the functionality of this website, or we are legally obligated to retain such data for longer time periods.
To determine the appropriate retention period for Personal Data, we consider the amount, nature and sensitivity of the Personal Data, the potential risk of harm from unauthorized use or disclosure of your Personal Data, the purposes for which we process your Personal Data and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means, and the applicable legal, regulatory, tax, accounting or other requirements.
TRANSFER OF DATA
If you are located outside the United States and choose to provide information to us, please note that this information, including Personal Data, is processed in the United States.
DISCLOSURE OF DATA
We may share your Personal Data with the parties, or in the circumstances, set out below. We require all third parties to respect the security of your Personal Data and to treat it in accordance with the law. We only permit our third-party service providers to process your Personal Data for the specified purposes.
- Service Providers: We may contract third party companies and individuals, which may include advertising networks, data analytics providers, operating systems and platforms, government entities, social networks, as well as billing, collection, tech, customer and operational support providers to facilitate this website, to provide the service on our behalf, to perform service-related activities or to assist us in analyzing how this website is used.
- Authorized Disclosures: We share your personal information with companies or other organizations where you have asked us to or agreed that we may share your personal information with them.
- Business Transaction: If Arts Decoder is involved in a merger, acquisition or asset sale, your Personal Data may be transferred to another third party.
- Disclosure for Law Enforcement: Under certain circumstances, Arts Decoder may be required to disclose your Personal Data if required to do so by law or in response to valid requests by public authorities (e.g. a court, a government agency, or law enforcement organization).
- Legal Requirements: Arts Decoder may disclose your Personal Data to such third parties such as law enforcement agencies, courts, regulators, government authority or other third parties, where such action is necessary to: comply with a legal obligation, protect and defend the rights or property of Arts Decoder, prevent or investigate possible wrongdoing in connection with this website, protect the personal safety of users of this website or the public, or protect against legal liability.
- Professional Advisors: We will share your Personal Data with our professional advisors, including legal advisors and insurers, where this is necessary.
We may disclose personal information in the following circumstances: (1) to comply with an applicable federal, state, or local law; (2) to comply with a civil, criminal, or regulatory inquiry, investigation, subpoena, or summons by federal, state, or local authorities; (3) to cooperate with law enforcement agencies concerning conduct or activity that web reasonably and in good faith believes may violate federal, state, or local law; (4) to exercise and defend legal claims; (5) when such disclosure is pursuant necessary to protect the rights and freedoms of other individuals; (6) as part of a merger, acquisition, bankruptcy, or other transaction in which the third party assumes control of all or part of our business; and (7) in any other manner permitted by law, including engaging in protected speech.
SECURITY OF DATA
We are committed to protecting the security of any personal information you provide. We implement appropriate technical and organizational measures to safeguard personal data in our possession against being accidentally lost, used, or accessed in an unauthorized way, altered, or disclosed. No transmission of data over the Internet, however, is guaranteed to be completely secure. While we strive to protect your Personal Data, we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any data you transmit to us or that we collect about you. We have procedures in place to address any suspected personal data breach, and if we are required by law, we will notify you of any such breach.
ACCESS TO YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
You have the right to request access to your personal information Arts Decoder has stored on our servers. You can do this by contacting us at email@example.com. We will make sure to provide you with a copy of the data we process about you. In order to comply with your request, we may ask you to verify your identity. We will fulfill your request by sending you a copy of your data electronically.
INFORMATION CORRECTION & DELETION
If you believe that the information we have about you is incorrect, you are welcome to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org, so we can update it and keep your data accurate. If at any point you would like Arts Decoder to delete information about you, you may contact us at email@example.com
LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES
SOCIAL MEDIA FEATURES
We are committed to complying with the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA) and the California Consumer Privacy Act. This website does not address anyone under the age of 18 and we do not knowingly collect Personal Data from anyone under the age of 18. If you are a parent or guardian and you are aware that your child has provided us with Personal Data, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. If we become aware that we have collected Personal Data from children without verification of parental consent, we take steps to remove that information from our servers and destroy such information. Parents are encouraged to supervise their children’s online activities and consider the use of other means to provide a child-friendly online environment. If you would like to learn more about COPPA, visit the Federal Trade Commission’s home page at: ftc.gov*.
CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTS NOTICE (FOR CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS ONLY)
NEVADA PRIVACY RIGHTS NOTICE (FOR NEVADA RESIDENTS ONLY)
If you are a Nevada resident, you have the right to request that Arts Decoder does not sell your personal information to third parties. To submit this request, please send us an email at email@example.com. However, please note that, Arts Decoder does not sell personal information as the term is traditionally understood, for example, we do not exchange for money personal information to data brokers or third parties for their marketing purposes independent of us.
LEGAL BASIS FOR PROCESSING PERSONAL DATA UNDER EUROPEAN GENERAL DATA PROTECTION REGULATION (GDPR)
Generally, Arts Decoder processes your Personal Data on the basis of one or more of the following legal grounds:
- We need to perform a contract with you;
- You have given us permission to do so;
- The processing is in our legitimate interests and it’s not overridden by your rights. Such “legitimate interests” include:
- to study how customers use this website,
- to develop this website and grow our business,
- to manage our business, including the provision of administration and IT services, network security, to prevent fraud and in the context of a business reorganization or group restructuring exercise,
- to improve our marketing and advertising strategy; or
- To comply with our legal and regulatory obligations.
- We may process your Personal Data for more than one lawful ground depending on the specific purpose for which we are using your data.
YOUR DATA PROTECTION RIGHTS UNDER EUROPEAN GENERAL DATA PROTECTION REGULATION (GDPR)
If you are located in the European Economic Area, and subject to national or local law exemptions, you have certain data protection rights in certain circumstances. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like to exercise any of these rights.
- Right to withdraw consent at any time: If we have collected and processed your personal data with your consent, you can withdraw your consent at any time. Withdrawing your consent will not affect the lawfulness of any processing we conducted prior to your withdrawal, nor will it affect the processing of your personal data conducted in reliance on lawful processing grounds other than consent.
- Access: This enables you to receive a copy of the Personal Data we hold about you and to check that it is accurate and that we are processing it lawfully.
- Objection: This enables you to object to processing of your Personal Data where we are relying on a legitimate interest and there is an impact on your fundamental rights and freedoms. In some cases, we may demonstrate that we have compelling legitimate grounds to process your information which override certain rights and freedoms of yours. You also have the right to object where we are processing your Personal Data for direct marketing purposes.
- Correction: This enables you to have any incomplete or inaccurate Personal Data we hold about you corrected, though we may need to verify the accuracy of the new Personal Data you provide to us.
- Erasure: This enables you to ask us to delete or remove Personal Data where there is no good reason for us continuing to process it. Note, however, that we may not always be able to comply with your request for erasure for specific legal reasons which will be notified to you, if applicable, at the time of your request.
- Portability: This enables you to request the transfer of your Personal Data to you or to a third party. We will provide to you, or a third party you have chosen, your Personal Data in a structured, commonly used, machine-readable format. Note that this right only applies to automated information which you initially provided consent for us to use or where we used the information to perform a contract with you.
- Restriction: This enables you to ask us to suspend the processing of your Personal Data in the following circumstances: (a) if you want us to establish the information’s accuracy; (b) where our use of the data is unlawful but you do not want us to erase it; (c) where you need us to hold the Personal Data even if we no longer require it as you need it to establish, exercise or defend legal claims; or (d) you have objected to our use of your Personal Data but we need to verify whether we have overriding legitimate grounds to use it.
- File A Complaint: You have the right to file a complaint with a supervisory authority about our collection and processing of your Personal Data. To file a request or act on one of your rights, please contact us at email@example.com. You will not have to pay a fee to access your Personal Data (or to exercise any of the other rights). However, we may charge a reasonable fee if your request is clearly unfounded, repetitive or excessive. Alternatively, we may refuse to comply with your request in these circumstances.
Please note that we may ask you to verify your identity before responding to such requests. This is a security measure to ensure that Personal Data is not disclosed to any person who has no right to receive it.
We may also contact you to ask you for further information in relation to your request to speed up our response. We try to respond to all legitimate requests within one month. Occasionally it may take us longer than a month if your request is particularly complex or you have made several requests. In this case, we will notify you and keep you updated.
- By email: firstname.lastname@example.org